Sunday, November 28, 2010

Extra Credit Blog

I had never used a blog before this course, nor had I followed any.  I’m not an extremely technologically savvy gal, so it was nice to see how easy it is to set up and write a blog.  Another benefit of using blogs was that we got to see our classmates’ blogs and their ideas in addition to our own.  The only difficulties I encountered were technical as I sometimes had trouble inserting pictures or links.  I overcame these difficulties by taking time figuring out what went wrong or how to do something a different way.  The blogs that were more interesting to me were the ones that gave us more freedom to choose what to write about.  For instance, I liked the recent prompt that allowed us to choose one of our favorite advertisements and write about it.  Overall, I feel neutral about using blogs.  I think you might as well keep using blogs in the future since it is keeping up with the new age.  One way the blogs are superior to other types of writing assignment is with the visual and multimedia components of them.  Especially for an Introduction to Media course, the blogs were an appropriate outlet with which to reflect on our studies.  Nonetheless, the blog for this class has not inspired me to start a blog on my own anytime soon.   Yes, you can use my blog in a paper or report.

No comments:

Post a Comment